Lizard Island is truly secluded from the rest of the world. With 24 powdery-white beaches and 40 luxurious suites, it is the most northern resort in tropical Queensland and is located directly on the Great Barrier Reef.
Lizard Island is accessible only by private charter from Cairns Airport in northern Queensland, Australia.
Relax in style in premium accommodation and take in the wonders of Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.
Lizard Island presents elegant, yet understated Great Barrier Reef accommodation in a variety of rooms and suites.
All of our Lizard Island Resort rooms and suites offer serene luxury and a private location on the Great Barrier Reef in which to enjoy your stay.
Driftwood Bar & Wine Cellar
After a long day, relax around the bar with other guests and share a few stories over a delicious drink.
Take a private dinghy to a deserted beach and spoil yourself with a gourmet picnic hamper. Relax and enjoy your day on the beach with not a care in the world – we’ll take care of everything for you.
Sunset Beachside Dining
For the ultimate Lizard Island dining experience in your own private marquee, we invite you to experience our signature Sunset Beachside Dining.
Lizard Island offers an extensive range of activities and a unique Spa using a unique range of products from La Biosthetique to ensure you make the most of your Great Barrier Reef holiday with us.
- Motorised dinghies
- Snorkelling equipment and lessons
- Interpretive glass bottom boat tours
- Tennis – day and night with all equipment supplied
- Picnic hampers for romantic and secluded beachside lunches
- Paddle ski tours
- Nature slide presentations
- Self Guided nature walks
Other Activities (charges apply)
- Explore Anchor and Watson’s bay on a catamaran or glass bottom paddle ski
- Diving and snorkelling trips to the inner or outer Reef
- Diving courses
- Night Diving
- Full or half day private game fishing, Black Marlin season is from September to December
- Great Barrier Reef Essentia Day Spa treatments
- Research station tours
- Lizard Island dive and fishing charters on MV Fascination
- Champagne sunset cruises
- Sunset Beachside Dining on Anchor Bay
Please note – some activities are subject to weather and tidal conditions.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.
Be the first to leave a review.